- 3-ring binder/photo album (new/old doesn’t matter since it will be covered)
- 1 large sheet white poster board
- 1 can spray adhesive (3M works well)
- Glue gun
- Fabric- Enough material to cover the outside of the album plus an inch to fold over edges of album.
Decorations, if you like
Create one continuous piece of fabric the size of your album plus 1 inch of material around the edges.
Use spray adhesive to cover the album or binder. Spray the glue directly on the outside of the album and apply the fabric with the extra fabric over all edges. Smooth the fabric as you go, by pushing out any wrinkles.
The inside of the spine will still be visible after the inside covers are in place, so fold the extra inch at the spine in half first, then fold again (so the raw edge is tucked under) and glue in place. Glue the extra inch of material down to the inside of the album. The remaining exposed top and bottom edges will be covered with the inside covers.
Make the inside covers. Cut 2 pieces of poster board approximately 1/8-inch smaller (on all sides) than the inside covers of the photo album. Make sure to lay them in the photo album after you cut them to make sure they're the right size. You want to make sure the album can still open and close easily when they're in place. Using spray adhesive, glue the inside covers into the inside front and inside back of the photo album.
At this point you can add the pages for the photos.
- If the album is big enough, you can cover a photo mat with fabric and glue it in the center of the front of the album.
- Add extra decorations to the cover with fabric cutouts, beads, or scrapbook stickers or charms
Cover a Photo Album with Fabric
This is yet another super easy craft that you can do with Disney Fabrics. As the basic album, you can either use a photo album you have or a 3 ring binder. Finally, something we can do with those old 3 ring binders!